Rady MBA for Health Sciences
Leadership and Innovation in Health Sciences
Today's emerging leaders in the health sciences - whether in discovery, practice, commercialization or administration - face the challenge of integrating the complex, evolving field of health science with the rapidly changing world of business and public policy.
This graduate program provides a focused, integrated curriculum that will equip health science leaders with the tools necessary to guide their organizations-for-profit and non-profit, in academia and industry-through pivotal developments in health care.
For approximately half of the curriculum, participants choose either the Discovery focus or the Delivery focus; the remainder of the curriculum is devoted to electives.
Candidates for the program include physicians, fellows, residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and medical personnel-in-training.
Focus on Discovery:
For health science professionals charged with leading the research, discovery and translation of new chemical entities, medical devices, diagnostics and/or research tools in an academic or industrial setting.
- Emphasizes emerging concepts in clinical investigation and translational research.
- Defines areas of controversy, best evidence-based approaches and details innovative strategies to bridge bench to bedside translation.
- Provides tools for optimizing and streamlining clinical investigation from discovery to development to application.
Potential candidates for this focus are physicians, fellows, residents and other trainees interested and/or involved in the movement of science from the laboratory to bedside.
Focus on Delivery:
For health science professionals leading the provision of healthcare services in the for-profit and non-profit sectors.
- Provides innovative operational and technological tools critical to enhancing quality of care, reducing costs and improving patient satisfaction.
- Emphasizes skills necessary to create a culture of continuous learning and performance improvement.
- Develops leadership ability while building knowledge of social, economic, political and technological issues unique to the health sciences industry.
Potential candidates for this focus are physicians, fellows, residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and medical personnel-in-training who wish to better serve their institutions through heightened managerial ability, knowledge of regulatory, economic, and technological issues, and/or operational expertise.To join our mailing list and receive Rady updates, please click here